Vitiligo is a condition characterized by white patches on the skin. It can affect any location on your body.
Here Are the Main Culprits of Vitiligo:
This condition is triggered by a loss of pigment in your skin, because of the destruction of pigment-creating cells called melanocytes. Melanin is actually the pigment that gives your skin its color.
In addition, the exact cause of pigment-creating cell destruction is unknown. A possible explanation may be that your body’s immune system destroys these cells, like in any other autoimmune disease. Even though vitiligo can affect all races, it usually affects dark-skinned people.
Top 6 Natural Remedies for Vitiligo:
1. Manuka Honey: Manuka honey has strong antifungal properties that can help destroy the fungus that contributes to the white patches on your skin. The regular use of this type of honey can help your skin retain its normal color.
First of all, clean the affected skin area by using lukewarm water and soap. Next, pat it dry and apply liquid Manuka honey onto it. Let it get absorbed by your skin completely for best results. You should repeat the same procedure for several weeks or months.
2. Turmeric: Mix 2-3 tsp. of mustard oil with some organic turmeric root powder and then apply it to the affected skin areas 2 times a day.
In case you notice a lot of areas in your body with white spots, you should elevate the amount of turmeric and mustard oil accordingly. You should apply this natural remedy to the affected areas continuously for one year for best results.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil helps promote re-pigmentation of your skin because it can soothe and fight chronic inflammation. This oil also has powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties. All you need to do is apply some raw, organic coconut oil to the affected skin areas two or three times daily within two or three weeks.
4. Drink Water Stored in a Copper Vessel: Pour some water in a copper vessel and allow it to stay overnight at a room temperature. In the morning, consume the water before your breakfast. The vessel releases copper ions that help stimulate melanin production.
5. Vitamin C and Vitamin B: Some people experience white patches on their skin because of indigestion. However, taking a high-quality vitamin B or eating foods rich in this vitamin can help relieve indigestion and remove white patches.
Furthermore, vitamin C can help boost your immune system, thus fighting infections and improving your skin health. Consuming veggies and fruits rich in this vitamin can boost your digestion and decrease your likelihood of white patches.
Also, you may want to apply the juices of fruits that contain these vitamins to the affected skin areas.
6. Cabbage Juice: Apply freshly extracted cabbage juice it to the affected skin area, and allow it to act for 15 minutes. Next, use lukewarm water to rinse it off. This can help decrease the white patches on your skin.
Note: Before using any of the above mentioned natural remedies, you should consult your doctor.